Here’s my technique for making a fun Christmas stockings big enough to hold some nice gifts and with a handy little ribbon loop to hang your stocking where Santa can reach it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fabric 1 Outer 40cm
- Fabric 2 Lining 40cm (I recommend a fleece backed cotton to give a quilted finish)
- Fabric 3 Top Trim (I recommend fluffy fleece)
- Ribbon Loop 20cm
- Coordinating Threads
- CUT OUT
2. JOIN TOP BAND
3. PRESS SEAMS
(Embellish / Applique now if you wish to before joining)
4. INSERT RIBBON LOOP
5. MAKE OUTER STOCKING
6. MAKE LINING WITH GAP AND TRIM SEAMS
7. INSERT MAIN STOCKING INTO LINING
8. JOIN OUTER AND LINING STOCKING AT TOP EDGE
9. PULL OUTER THROUGH GAP IN LINING
10. SEAL LINING AND PUSH BACK INTO OUTER
11. TOP STITCH BAND
TA DA ALL FINISHED!
Now make lots more and fill your stockings with goodies
Try changing the scale of the pattern to make bigger and smaller versions.
If you want to personalise your stocking with a letter or motif see how to Applique HERE